Release candidate 0.9.2 RC
August 22, 2013
This version is a release candidate and not recommended for production use.
Here is the new build for you to check out and comment upon on our official support forum. Please feel free to submit any bugs or issues if there are any.
We’ll be collecting your reviews for 2 weeks before we release DVelum 0.9.2.
The bigger part of the changes introduced are fixes and updates implemented upon platform users’ requests.
- Extjs version updated to 4.2.1; the system adjusted to the new library version.
- installation to a subdirectory made possible.
- admin module management interface improved: related files can be removed upon deleting a module.
- useMap setting restored in the main.php configuration file.
- ORM logic improved: now, the external database table is not removed upon deleting an object regardless of lock settings.
- added: tips describing ORM field values when creating / editing objects.
- fixed: ORM interface crash due to failure to connect to the remote database; indication of connection errors added.
- Layout Designer improved: Preview mode added for the elements of related projects (additional connected projects), which makes the work with complex projects easier as there is no need in switching browsers or projects to recall the names of the elements.
- added: Frontend_Controller_Backoffice abstract controller allowing to display Layout Designer projects on the front end.
- fixed in Report creating interface: when closing a report and saving the data, a message showed up saying that the report has not been uploaded.
- Admin router improved: JSON reply is returned to AJAX requests for non-existent controllers.
- fixed: unable to save data without specifying a dictionary link value even if the field is not required; code auto generator improved.
- #326 fixed: Designer StoreFilter not working when checkbox field type is used.
- Layout Designer fixed: Form_Field_Hidden component added.
- #330 fixed in Layout Designer: Layout Designer standard components (like WYSIWYG windows) don’t allow to edit external object data with the Primary Key name different from the id.
- #332 fixed: ORM data editor allows editing data for ReadOnly objects (illogical interface). Now, editing interface for such objects doesn’t include Edit and Save buttons.
- Page Management interface improved: a page now can be removed from the list without opening the Edit window.
- Layout Designer improved: the component tree now displays each component icon.
- ORM error log improved: object name now included.
- Media Library improved: catalogues added as well as the feature inserting multiple Media Library elements to HTML editor at once.
- models improved: error logging adapter added.
- system installer improved: License step added; error switching the installer language on certain platforms fixed.
- added: overriding existing classes.
You need to locate your files with redefined classes in ./system/rewrite considering the directory hierarchy. For instance, to override Model_Medialib, you need to create a file with an eponymous class .system/rewrite/Model/MediaLib.php.
Please keep in mind that Class Map gets overridden in the Code Compiler interface upon clicking “Compile all packages”. Thus, in the development process, it is recommended to disable using Class Map: /config/main.php useMap:false - to make the newly created class available for auto upload at once. Class Map may be recompiled later.
- fixed in ORM: composite index structure not synchronized when removing a field from the list of the ones included into the index.