October 7, 2013
Due to technical reasons the DVelum release 0.9.2.5 has been retracted for further improvement.
The update is an important step in the platform development as it introduces changes to the Layout designer work. Now, events and methods may be assigned to extended designer components. The new feature relieves restrictions on using the object-oriented approach. It's got much easier to encapsulate the component logic and there is no need in using the Ext.override construction, which considerably facilitates reading the code.
The major updates of the release concern improving the Layout Designer and fixing the bugs.
The release has been issued with the help of the "Лаборатория Качества" quality-lab.ru. We appreciate your assistance in testing ORM management interface and Layout Designer!
# Layout Designer improved:
- method definition support added for extended components (isExtended);
- verification added: only a component in the top level of the object tree can be extended (isExtended);
- autogenerated code formatting improved;
- the Designer main interface changed: the central part now displays either the interface or the code editor (a switch to the main toolbar added). Editing code has got more convenient;
- initializing of child elements has been transferred to the addDesignerItems method, initComponent may be redefined (don’t forget to invoke the addDesignerItems method inside the redefined initComponent);
- the action column icon display issue immediately after an edit - resolved (for systems set uo into a subdirectory).
# improved in ORM interface: a hidden column with the connection name added;
# fixed: wrong css file path in the system error template;
# events now may be added to extended components;
# fixed in ORM: error creating a dictionary using capitalized letters;
# fixed: error adding the Form_Checkboxgroup component;
# fixed: error adding the Form_Radiogroup component.
# improved in Autogenerator: behaviour when creating components related to database float-fields. Now, one can use precision to define accuracy in a numberfield and set a specific format in table columns.
# ORM documentation now compliant with the official Mysql 5.1 documentation in English;
# fixed in Layout generator: unable to create an interface with a time field.
At the current stage, the autogenerator still creates code using the semifunctional approach. We are going to introduce the option choosing the autogenerator behaviour mode in one of the coming releases.
The new interface (View mode / Code editing mode):
New elements of the main menu:
- choosing the view mode:
- view JS code automatically generated for all components;
- project file debugger.
Viewing the code of all components:
Method editor for “extended” components:
Event editor for “extended” components. It allows to create an event in the same window; the reaction can be defined herewith if needed.
Object properties panel, list of methods:
Object properties panel, list of events:
Automatically generated events and methods: